The development of this current strategic plan sits within a broader context incorporating reform across multiple service types, all of which have varying degrees of impact on the client group supported by FAN, including but not limited to;
- National Partnership Agreement on Homelessness (NPAH)
- Homelessness and Housing Sector Reform Vulnerable Children Framework and Child Safe Standards implementation
- Allied Sector Reform & Welfare Review
- National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Alcohol & Other Drugs Recommissioning
- Mental Health Community Support Services Recommissioning
- Royal Commission into Family Violence
- Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Abuse
FAN in practice is an adopter of many of the elements of these reforms particularly with regard to client-centred practice, outcomes-based interventions, collaboration and partnership, improved referral pathways, local and place-based responses, holistic wrap-around support and responsiveness to current and emerging needs. As a result, FAN will actively engage in the reform process, as aligned with the vision, mission and values of the organisation.
The Strategic Plan sets our direction for 2021–2024 and shows how we will continue to deliver our commitments to the community.
Previous Strategic Plans